User Terms and Conditions for Clipcanvas.com
- Approval of User Terms. Read this User Terms and Conditions (hereafter the “User Terms”) from Clipcanvas AS (hereafter “Clipcanvas”) thoroughly. The Clipcanvas.com or other Clipcanvas web-sites under other top-level domains with corresponding web pages (hereafter the Web Site) are accessible on the Internet free of charge for everyone (hereafter the “User”). By the User’s use of the Web Site, the User agrees to be bound by the terms set forth in this User Terms, as may be modified by Clipcanvas from time to time. If the User does not accept the conditions of the User Terms, the User shall not proceed using the Web Site. The User Terms also apply to all use of the Clipcanvas stock shots and stock footage resource database (hereafter the Clipcanvas Service). If you want to download or otherwise use any content available in the Clipcanvas Service (hereafter the Content), the User must register and accept the Clipcanvas License Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The Web Site is owned and operated by Clipcanvas AS or its subsidiaries or affiliates. All of the Content featured or displayed on the Web Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs images, moving images, sound, illustrations and software, is owned by Clipcanvas AS and/or its licensors. The Web Site, including, but not limited to, the general design and the Content and all elements on the Web Site, are protected by copyright, trademark, trade names, patent, design and/or other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Except as explicitly permitted under this User Terms or in writing by Clipcanvas or its licensors, no portion or element of this Web Site or its Content may be copied or retransmitted by any means beyond viewing the Web Site and the Content. The Web Site, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Clipcanvas or its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed.
- Obligations and rights. The User agrees that any Content available without registration and acceptance of the Clipcanvas License Agreement for free download is for review purposes only, and may not be shared, sold, rented or otherwise distributed in any form. Furthermore, the User is not allowed to remove any trademarks, copyright notices or other forms of identification embedded in Content retrieved from the Web Site, or use automated robots, programs, applications or other means of automatically retrieving Content from the Web Site. Furthermore, the User agrees that any embeddable objects, such as widgets or embeddable video clips in particular, are intended for the promotion of footage offered for sale through the Clipcanvas Service, and that such objects may not be utilized or otherwise exploited contrary to this end nor for unauthorized, inappropriate or misleading purposes. A User in a position to confirm any legal infringement or copyright violation, explicitly and irrevocably agrees to report this to Clipcanvas immediately and without any further delay, so it may be investigated and concluded before any other action is taken. The User shall indemnify Clipcanvas, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and/or its licensors against any losses, expenses, costs or damages incurred by any or all of them as a result of the User’s breach of this User Terms or the User’s unauthorized use of the Web Site or the Content. The failure of Clipcanvas to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the User Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any illicit, illegal, obscene, offensive or similar use of the Content is prohibited under this User Terms. Clipcanvas may, but has no obligation to, remove Content and other material including accounts containing material that Clipcanvas in its sole discretion declares to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse, including threats of abuse or retribution, of any of Clipcanvas’ members, employees, submitters, licensees, licensors, directors or partner will result in immediate account termination. The User understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Web Site, the Content, the services from Clipcanvas and its licensors, as well as the User’s downloads of Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. The User agrees not to transmit any computer worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature to the Web Site.
- User information. The User agrees that any personal information may be used to provide the User with relevant information regarding the use of the Web Site with corresponding services from Clipcanvas and its licensors, including promotion offers, new products or services and marketing initiatives related to running the Web Site with corresponding services. This may be done using the User’s submitted email or mailing address. If the User does not wish to receive such information, the User sends Clipcanvas a notification through the Clipcanvas support system. In any case, Clipcanvas does not rent or sell such information to third parties. The User also agrees to allow Clipcanvas to place cookies on the User’s computer, in order for the User to utilize the Web Site with corresponding services. These cookies help Clipcanvas to customize and improve its offering to the User. In the event that the user is prompted, requested or otherwise required to accept certain certificates in order to utilize the Clipcanvas Service, the User agrees to accept and allow for such certificates.
- Remarketing. We may use third-party cookies as part of remarketing activities we conduct with Google and/or other third-party vendors, to help provide you with relevant promotional offers as you use the Internet. As part of these remarketing activities, these third-party cookies may record your visits to our Websites and web sites visited prior to using our Websites. Such cookies can then be used to serve advertisements to you on other web sites. You may choose to be exempt from the use of Google remarketing cookies at the Google advertising privacy page. Alternatively, you may opt-out of remarketing on the Google network and similar networks at the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. Opting out will not prevent advertisements from being served to you on the Internet; it will only affect advertisements that utilize remarketing cookies to serve advertisements on the specified advertising networks. We are not responsible for the activities of other parties that may not comply with your opt-out requests.
- Disclaimer. Clipcanvas assumes no liability for the availability of the Web Site or Content, and Clipcanvas shall not be held responsible for any loss arising out of the lack of access to the Web Site or any errors or interruptions during the use of the Web Site. Clipcanvas makes no representation that the operation of links will be uninterrupted or error-free, and Clipcanvas shall not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors. Clipcanvas is not responsible for any information provided by a third party. Clipcanvas is not liable for any special, indirect or consequential losses whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious actions, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Web Site or the use of the Content. In the event that any limitation or provision contained in these conditions be held invalid for any reason and Clipcanvas and/or its affiliates become liable for loss or damage, such liability shall be limited to NOK 10.000,-.
- Dispute resolution. This User Terms and all use of the Web Site shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Norwegian law. The user acknowledges that Oslo city court in Norway shall be the exclusive venue for any legal actions or proceedings arising as a result of this User Terms and all use of the Web Site.